Nothing is more beautiful than a stone-encrusted silver ring on a manicured finger. Silver rings are a woman’s best friend. Loved by women of all ages, sterling silver rings never go out of style. They can be used to complement a fancy or daily wear outfit, or even be worn on a daily basis.
But why are sterling silver rings the best choice?

1. Purity
Sterling silver consists of 92.5% pure silver and the rest is a metal alloy. Copper is typically used to fill up the remaining 7.5% but other metals may be used in its place. Pure silver is too soft as a metal which is why it must be mixed with another metal. Sometimes sterling silver jewelry is coated with pure silver.

2. Durability
Sterling silver is loved by all because of its strength and durability. With the addition of copper, silver becomes stronger making it ideal for wedding and engagement bands. A real sterling silver ring will always have a “925” marking or a stamp of a particular jeweler on the inside to indicate its genuineness.

3. Finishes
Sterling silver doesn’t have to have its characteristic grey color. When coated with rhodium, it gains a platinum look and also becomes tarnish-resistant. Similarly, sterling silver rings may also get a gold coating, giving it that yellowish hue.

4. Styles
When shopping for sterling silver rings, you have a wide range of choices. You can opt for a simple band with delicate feminine details, or a ring heavily encrusted with semi-precious or precious stones such as diamonds, pearls, jade, ruby, onyx, etc. You can also opt for something more personalized such as your initials or birth sign. Many women enjoy wearing a silver ring featuring their birthstone.

5. Easy Care
To ensure your silver rings last for a lifetime, you must store them in a cloth pouch. You may also keep them in a jewelry box but ensure they have their own separate compartment. This is to prevent scratching. Chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, and bleach can discolor and damage your silver rings. Ensure you remove them before handling these household cleaners. Similarly, avoid swimming in a hot tub or chlorinated pool while wearing your silver rings.

6. Simple Cleaning
When sterling silver is exposed to natural elements such as air and moisture, it will begin to tarnish. A quick rub with some polish will help to restore this luster and shine. Always use ammonia-free and bleach-free polish to clean your silver jewelry along with a non-abrasive cloth that is suitable for polishing. A microfiber cloth is excellent for polishing.

Leave a comment